A RESOLUTION OF THE WEST MIFFLIN SANITARY SEWER MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY, ALLEGHENY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, AUTHORIZING THE DISCONNECTION AND TERMINATION OF WATER SERVICES TO REALTY AND STRUCTURES FOR FAILURE TO PAY SANITARY SEWER RENTAL FEES.
WHEREAS, the West Mifflin Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority (the AAuthority@) provides sewage collection and treatment services to residents within the Borough of West Mifflin; and
WHEREAS, the Authority imposes a sanitary sewer fee to cover the cost of collection and treatment of sanitary sewage; and
WHEREAS, the failure of customers to promptly pay said fees is detrimental to the economic stability of the Authority and is unfair to the majority of residents who pay timely their sewage treatment fees; and
WHEREAS, the loss of revenue due to the failure to timely pay the sanitary sewer rental fees is not in the best interest of the welfare and safety of the citizens within the service area of the Authority; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED AND IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED as follows:
1. The West Mifflin Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority shall, from time to time, send a notice for the demand for payment in the amount of the delinquent monies owed for the use of the sanitary sewers including both delinquent charges owed to the Borough of West Mifflin as well as the Authority to the owners of record of the premises where such sewage originates.
2. Said notice of demand of payment shall state the total amount of money owed, together with the notice for said delinquent account may be paid. Said demand for payment shall also contain a notice that if said amount is not paid within a period of thirty days from the date of the notice, then the Authority, in addition to any other legal remedies it may have, shall notify the appropriate water company to disconnect and terminate all water service to the realty where there are outstanding delinquent sewage charges.
3. In addition to the charges for the use of sanitary sewers, the Authority shall add a charge to cover the costs of the notice in the amount of $10.00 to advertise said cost including postage in addition to any other costs incurred.
4. The notice of demand for payment may be amended by the Authority Board by motion at any time.
5. In the event that said delinquent sanitary sewer usage fee with all costs, penalty and interest incurred is not paid within the period of thirty days, the water service of aforesaid premises shall be disconnected and terminated until said bill, penalty, interest and all other costs incurred are paid in full.
6. In the event it is necessary to disconnect and terminate the water service to the realty, in the amount equal to the fee charged by the water company to disconnect the service and the fee to commence water service shall be added to the delinquent account and shall be payable in the same manner as the rates and charges.
7. Upon payment of sanitary sewer fee, penalty, interest and all other costs incurred, including the disconnect and reconnect charges, water service may be reinstated.
8. The termination of water service shall be made in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the rules and regulations of the Public Utility Commission of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and all other applicable regulations.
9. All resolutions not in accordance with this Resolution are hereby repealed in so far as they conflict with the provisions of this Resolution.
RESOLVED this 24th day of September, 1997.
Michael Price Jr., Secretary
WEST MIFFLIN SANITARY SEWER MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
Cynthia A. Sullivan, Madam Chairman