A RESOLUTION OF THE WEST MIFFLIN SANITARY SEWER MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY, ALLEGHENY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA ESTABLISHING A MANAGEMENT VACATION BUY BACK POLICY.
NOW THEREFORE, be it resolved and it is hereby resolved as follows:
1. That the Board of Directors hereby establishes the following policy for its management employees:
A. Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines and procedures for the buy back of certain management employee vacation benefits of the West Mifflin Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority (WMSSMA).
The establishment of such a vacation buy back program promotes efficiency and morale by providing a mechanism whereby eligible management employees may sell back to the WMSSMA vacation hours that will not be used for other purposes.
The Vacation Buy Back Program shall be funded on a fiscal year basis, contingent upon Board approval. In all cases, employee participation in the program is strictly voluntary.
It is a violation of WMSSMA policy and public policy for any WMSSMA employee to coerce, threaten, intimidate or financially induce or reward another employee to participate in the Vacation Buy Back Program.
B. Policy: WMSSMA recognizes the existence of circumstances under which some employees have accumulated vacation hours that will not be used in a calendar year. It is the objective of WMSSMA to provide eligible management employees with the opportunity to take time to recreate each year while at the same time reducing the total outstanding hours of vacation it is obligated to pay An employee may sell back to the VVMSSMA two weeks (80 hours) of vacation for each calendar year.
C, Eligibility: A management employee may receive payment of two weeks (80 hours) vacation per calendar year under this Vacation Buy Back Program, provided the employee meets all of the following conditions:
1. Twelve (12) full months of continuous service immediately prior to December 1st of the year in which vacation buyback is applied.
2. A "Meets" or better performance rating on their most recent performance evaluation and not be subject to disciplinary action at the time the vacation buyback is requested.
3. Use, or be scheduled to use. at least 120 hours of vacation by December 31st of the year in which vacation buyback is requested, and
4. Retain a zero vacation balance, after the vacation buyback and vacation used during the year are applied.
D. Procedures to sell back vacation: An employee wishing to sell back up to two weeks (80 hours) of vacation must do the following:
1. Complete a Vacation Buy Back Request Form. Vacation Buy Back Request forms are to be returned approved by the employees supervisor. The form is presented as Attachment "A" to this policy.
2. Specify when, during the course of the year, the three weeks (120 hours) minimum vacation will be taken or has been taken. The Administrative Secretary will process the request, reviewing it for eligibility.
3 Payment will be paid at the management employee's current rate, as calculated by Payroll, and paid in the next pay period after all approvals are received.
RESOLVED, this 2nd day of November, 2006
ATTEST: Leah Mangino. Secretary