RESOLUTION NO. 5-96
RESOLUTION OF THE WEST MIFFLIN SANITARY SEWER MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY IMPOSING AN AUTHORITY SERVICE CHARGE ON ALL CUSTOMERS IN THE SERVICE AREA OF THE AUTHORITY.
WHEREAS, the West Mifflin Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority, on July 3, 1996, adopted a Resolution imposing rates and charges effective on the date the Authority acquires the sewage treatment system from the Borough of West Mifflin; and
WHEREAS, the Authority wishes to fairly allocate the cost of billing among the customers of said system.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED AND IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED as follows:
I. Commencing with the date the sewer treatment system and sewer system is transferred from the Borough of West Mifflin to the West Mifflin Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority through December 31, 1996, and for each calendar year thereafter, there hereby is imposed and established for the use and service of the various sanitary sewer systems and sewage treatment plants in the service area of the West Mifflin Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority a service charge of $.35 per month or $1.05 per quarter on each customer of the Authority for the purpose of enabling the Authority to directly recover the cost of billing.
2. This service charge shall be added to the amount due for sewage treatment service under Resolution No. 3-96 of 1996 and shall be due and payable under the same terms and conditions as the rates and charges previously approved and shall be upon the same parties as contained in said Resolution.
3. The Authority shall re-evaluate said service charge on or before January 1 or each calendar year with respect to the actual cost of billing services to the Authority so that the Authority may allocate the actual cost of billing among all the customers based upon the actual charges for the year in question. Further, said charge shall be adjusted as appropriate according to the actual billing costs and the number of customers and the resulting per customer charge shall be billed under the authority of this Resolution.
4. The terms of this Resolution shall become effective upon the rates and charges authorized on July 3, 1996 becoming effective, and the proper officers of the Authority are hereby authorized, empowered and directed to implement the terms of this Resolution.
5. The collector of said sewage fee charges or assessments is hereby authorized to collect the service fee as set forth in this Resolution.
6. Said service fee shall be collected under the same cycle as set forth in Section 7 of Resolution No. 3-96 of 1996 and shall be included in delinquent amounts for the purpose of collections and liening by the Authority’s solicitor.
7. The provisions of Resolution No. 3-96 of 1996 imposing rates and charges to the extent necessary shall be deemed incorporated by reference as though set forth fully herein and any Resolutions or parts thereof inconsistent with this Resolution are hereby repealed to the extent of such conflict.
RESOLVED, this 7th day of August 1996.
ATTEST: WEST MIFFLIN SANITARY SEWER MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
Daniel Davis, Secretary Anthony Panichelli, Chairman